Virto Ajax List Form Extender for Microsoft® SharePoint®
Virto Custom List Form Extender is an Ajax and Java Script based Web Part allowing for quick and simple customising of SharePoint list forms for creating, editing and viewing list items.
For all SharePoint lists and libraries there are assigned default forms that are displayed when a user wants to add, edit or view a list item. These forms sometimes contain a very restricted amount of information about the list or the item, have some problems with usability or just do not always look nice enough.
With new Virto List Form Extender web part by Virtosoftware, you can easily design your own list forms and replace the default ones with just a few clicks to fully meet your specific needs and requirements.
The new component is extremely easy to install, adjust and use. Once the web part is installed, you can immediately start designing your own list forms with additional features that allow for auto fill fields, defining default field values as well as setting up security rights to restrict the access to specific tabs and fields for particular users and user groups.
The web part is based on Ajax and Java Script technologies to guarantee quick access to a list form data without any postback. An important detail is that Virto List Form Extender web part does not fully modify the default list forms that are stored on your SharePoint server, but rather extends the list form features and functionality on the client side, keeping the option to restore the default forms at any time.
- Create own Forms (View, Edit, New Item) for Custom, Task, Calendar, Contact Lists.
- Grouping fields into particular tabs.
- Quick switching between tabs with no delays.
- Ability to add as many tabs as you need on each form.
- Cool and dynamic JQuery Date Picker.
- Autocomplete option (using values of the same or any other List).
Using default values (coming in future versions).
- Optional Tooltip containing hint and field description information (text, links etc.)
- Autosuggestion settings option enables to autocomplete fields when entered text is contained in tabs.